Beginning September 8, indoor dining resumed in the city of Philadelphia under specific restrictions that are largely consistent with indoor dining restrictions statewide. The City’s new indoor dining restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- Restaurants cannot be filled to more than 25 percent capacity.
- No more than four diners per table.
- Tables must be arranged so that diners at separate tables are at least six feet apart or have an impermeable barrier between them.
- Servers must wear both masks and face shields for additional protection.
- No bar service. Alcohol can be served only for on-premises consumption when in the same transaction as a meal.