The Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) was a lifeline for food and beverage providers, helping them rebuild from the effects of pandemic-related revenue loss. The RRF, established under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), became public law on March 11, 2021. ARPA appropriated $28.6 billion for RRF, authorizing the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to award funds.
Eligible entities were businesses that were not permanently closed, where the public or patrons assembled for the primary purpose of being served food or drink.
Generally, awards were equal to the decline in gross receipts in 2020 compared to 2019. They were limited to $5 million per location, not to exceed $10 million total for the applicant and any affiliated businesses.
By December 31, 2021, all RRF recipients must report through the SBA portal how much of their award has been used against each eligible use category. All Applicants that do not fully expend award funds before December 31, 2021, will be required to complete annual reporting submissions until they fully expend the award funding or the period of performance expires. Awardees have until March 11, 2023, to use award funds, and all recipients must file their final report no later than April 30, 2023.
Below is a summary of categories eligible categories for the RRF
- Business payroll costs (including sick leave)
- Payments on any business mortgage obligation
- Business rent payments (this does not include prepayment of rent)
- Business debt service, both principal and interest (this does not include any prepayment of principal or interest)
- Business utility payments
- Business maintenance expenses
- Construction of outdoor seating
- Business supplies (including protective equipment and cleaning materials)
- Business food and beverage expenses (including raw materials)
- Covered supplier costs
- Business operating expenses
A pdf of the full report can be viewed HERE.
Consideration of the guidelines of each program should be applied where recipients received other forms of COVID-19 relief during the RRF covered period (PPP, ERC, and other federal/state/local relief).
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have questions or are interested in having our team assist with the reporting.