Thanks to Delaware County Council, county businesses are being thrown a $4 million life preserver in the hope it can help them tread through the next few weeks.
On Wednesday, council unanimously approved earmarking $4 million of Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act monies to provide grants ranging from $5,000 to $40,000 for businesses that were hit by the most recent virus mitigation guidelines. The program will be administered by the Delaware County Economic Development Oversight Board.
*This program is being offered ONLY to those industries directly affected by Governor Wolf’s new mitigation order announced on Thursday, December 10th that went into effect on Saturday, December 12th and continues through Monday, January 4th.*
- Business must be physically located/headquartered in Delaware County, PA.
- Business must occupy commercial bricks and mortar location within Delaware County, PA.
- Business cannot exceed revenue of $10M annually.
- Business must have economic loss due to COVID-19 in 2020.
- Business must be directly affected by Governor Wolf’s mitigation order of December 10, 2020.
Only businesses whose primary line of business is in the following categories will be considered:
• Full Service Restaurants (where customers sit before ordering and eat before paying)
• Caterers /Catering Facilities
• Fitness Centers
• Instructional Studios: Gymnastics, Dance, Martial Arts, etc.
• Entertainment: Movie Theatres, Bowling Alleys, Trampoline Parks, Fun Centers
For the Full Service Restaurant/Caterer/Tavern Industry continuing to operate through mitigation order in compliance with public health guidelines:
• Annual Revenue < $100k grant up to $5,000
• Annual Revenue $100k to $1M grant up to $10k
• Annual Revenue of $1M to $3m grant up to $20k
• Annual Revenue of $3m to $5M grant up to $30k
• Annual Revenue of $5M to $10M grant up to $40k
*Annual Revenue based off 2019 Federal Tax Return or previously submitted 2018 Federal Tax Return.
• For closed fitness centers/instructional studios /full‐service restaurants/caterers/taverns/entertainment centers / bowling alleys / movie theaters / fun centers etc. *closed due to no operation available outdoors and/or in compliance with current order Annual revenue < $2.5M grant up to $5,000.
OPENS: Friday, December 18th at 3:00pm
CLOSES: Tuesday, December 28th, at 2:00pm
For more information and to access application, click HERE
Please contact us at [email protected] if we can be of assistance to you.
We are in this together,
Brinker Simpson & Company, LLC
Sources for this blog were the Delaware County Daily Times and The Delaware County Chamber of Commerce.
Disclaimer: This alert is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Information contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used as tax advice & cannot be used by the recipient to avoid penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code. We strongly advise you to seek professional assistance with respect to your specific issue(s)