The Delaware County Council has designated funding for a third round of the Delco Strong grant program. The program is funded through CARES Act dollars (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act signed into law by President Trump on March 27, 2020) allocated to the county to help sustain the economic challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications will be accepted beginning 5am November 2 and ending at 5pm on November 13th.
The below guidelines for applying for the program can be found HERE:
Delco Strong 3
Small Business Support Grant Program » Program Guidelines
5:00am Monday, November 2, 2020 through 5:00pm Friday, November 6, 2020.
Applications for Delco Strong 3 (for businesses) will only be accepted during the times/dates outlined below:
The online submission portal will be open on this page from 5:00am Monday, November 2, 2020 through 5:00pm Friday, November 6, 2020. Applications for Delco Strong 3 will not be accepted before or after that time. If a user is experiencing technical difficultly uploading a submission, tech support can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours.
Paper submissions should be packaged in a sealed envelope. The envelope should be marked with “Delco Strong 3″, company name, company contact, and phone number.
Paper submissions may be dropped off between 8:30am and 4:30pm Monday, November 2nd through Friday November 6th, at:
Delaware County Commerce Center
100 W. 6th Street, Suite 100,
Media, PA 19063
MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applications will only be accepted during the times/dates outlined above.
- Up to $10,000 grant for businesses up to $4.5M in revenue*
- Up to $20,000 grant for businesses up to $9M in revenue*
*Annual revenue will be based on most recent executed tax return.
Grant award will be based on working capital and operational expenses for one quarter of calendar year as reported on most recent, executed tax return.
Grantees will need to certify that it has suffered a loss or incurred additional expenses caused by the coronavirus public health emergency in an amount at least equal to the amount of the grant and not otherwise compensated.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Business must be physically located/headquartered in Delaware County, PA.
- Business cannot exceed revenue of $9M annually.
- Business must have economic loss due to COVID-19
Priority Preference for grant funding*
- Businesses with substantial economic loss due to COVID-19
- Businesses not allowed to operate in Yellow or Red Phases
- Businesses that self-certify as Minority, Women, or Veteran Owned
Industries hardest hit:
- Education & Medical
- Service (barbers, groomers, etc.)
*Priority Preference does not exclude any business from consideration.
It only indicates the preferred candidate for the program.
- Businesses not physically located/headquartered in Delaware County, PA.
- Businesses that did not experience revenue loss due to COVID-19.
- Businesses that were not operational by December 31, 2019.
- Businesses that did not file a 2018 or 2019 Federal and Pennsylvania State Tax Return.
- Passive businesses such as commercial or residential landlords.
- Government or government-owned or related entities.
- Non-Profits and for-profit businesses with a direct tie to a non-profit.
- Private clubs/businesses that limit membership for reasons other than capacity.
- Businesses primarily engaged in lobbying or political activities.
- Businesses with annual revenue that exceeds $9M.
- Business not compliant with all federal, state, & local laws including taxation.
- Businesses which are not in compliance with current public health guidelines.
- Businesses which have not complied with phased reopening restrictions.
- Businesses engaged in any activity that is deemed illegal under Federal, State or Local law.
- Businesses awarded funding in Delco Strong 1 or 2.
Required for Application
1) Signed and complete, application questionnaire
A copy of the application questionnaire can be found at the bottom of this guidance.
2) A full complete and executed copy (signed) of the Business Federal and Pennsylvania Tax Returns. Only 2019 or 2018 returns will be accepted. Acceptable tax returns:
** PASSWORDS MUST BE PROVIDED FOR ANY PROTECTED FILES. **
- 1065 Federal and Pennsylvania must submit entire business returns (PA 65)
- 1120 (S) Federal and Pennsylvania must submit entire business returns (PA 20/20S)
- Schedule C – Must submit entire Federal and PA State Personal Tax Returns
- Schedule F – Must submit entire Federal and PA State Personal Tax Returns
3) Accountant or internally prepared profit and loss statement for 2020, year-to-date, January through September preferred, will accept January through June, if 3rd Quarter is not complete. A profit and loss statement for 2020 is recommended with submission, but will not be a requirement or exclude an applicant from program.
We are in this together,
Brinker Simpson & Company, LLC
Disclaimer: This alert is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. Information contained in this communication is not intended or written to be used as tax advice & cannot be used by the recipient to avoid penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code. We strongly advise you to seek professional assistance with respect to your specific issue(s).